The San Jose Marriott will redefine hospitality in Silicon Valley with a chic contemporary look, cutting-edge mobile guest services, 510 completely renovated guest rooms and suites, new meeting space and Michael Mina’s revitalized Arcadia Steakhouse and Tanq Bar following a $10.5 million renovation in mid-October 2015.
Modern, innovative and relaxed luxury targets millennial travelers
“From the moment guests walk through the door, they’ll know this isn’t your Dad’s Marriott. Forbes voted San Jose one of the nation’s coolest cities in 2014. We’re upping the hotel’s design aesthetic to a new level of streamlined sophistication while enhancing the comfort, convenience and friendly service for which Marriott is famous. The high-energy sense of arrival will set the tone for an exciting and productive stay,” says General Manager John Southwell.
Key renovation elements will include:
- The lobby’s transformation to a clean, light-infused space with service-friendly guest registration pods featuring rich walnut veneers and backlit white onyx inlays. The creation of inviting gathering spots, including a new library-style alcove and dynamic great room area, are complemented by contemporary flooring, wall coverings and artwork inspired by the local landscape.
- Stylish update of the hotel’s 510 guest rooms and suites with new carpeting featuring subtle Silicon Valley theme, sleek wall coverings and draperies, artwork and accent pieces, improved lighting and a new bathroom product.
- Each guest room has its own dedicated router enabling guests to operate six mobile devices simultaneously at lightning-fast speed (1,000 Mb upload and download capability) and Marriott Hotels’ first Over-the-Top in-room entertainment system packed with popular programming and apps, including Netflix.
- Two new war rooms, accommodating eight to 10 people, for legal groups requiring ultimate privacy. A top-to-bottom renovation of the hotel’s existing 21,000-square-feet of meeting space was completed in late-2014.
- A newly designed Concierge Lounge, with stunning views of the Silicon Valley and an expansive outdoor terrace.
- New culinary team and direction for Michael Mina’s signature Arcadia Steakhouse.
- Integrated platform of innovative mobile services on Marriott Mobile App including Mobile Guest Requests, Red Coat Direct Meeting Planner App and Mobile Check-in, Check-out.
Looney & Associates
Founded in 1995, Looney & Associates is an interior design firm specializing in projects for the hospitality industry. Looney & Associates’ portfolio includes major renovations of iconic hotels throughout the nation and the firm’s work has been lauded in Interior Design, Hospitality Design, and Boutique Design, among other prestigious publications. Looney’s signature is the ability to evoke a unique sense of place in the firm’s hotel designs.
San Jose Marriott
The AAA Four-Diamond San Jose Marriott is connected to the 555,000-square-foot San Jose McEnery Convention Center and steps away from the city’s many cultural and entertainment attractions including the SAP Center – home to blockbuster concerts and the San Jose Sharks.
The 26-story hotel offers 510 guest rooms and suites, 21,000-square-feet of newly renovated meeting space, the fastest hotel Wi-Fi in San Jose, a fitness center and rooftop pool, and a Concierge Lounge with stunning views of the Silicon Valley.
Epicureans will appreciate celebrity chef Michael Mina’s acclaimed Arcadia steakhouse and Tanq Bar with its sleek underwater ambiance, handcrafted specialty cocktails, regional wines and bar bites.
The San Jose Marriott is located at 301 South Market Street. For more information, please call 1-800-455-8254 or visit www.sanjosemarriott.com.