International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE), an organization for show organizers and suppliers to the tradeshow industry, will hold its Women’s Leadership Forum April 8 in Washington, D.C.
Tailored for all women regardless of age, individual situation or current position held within their company, IAEE Women’s Leadership Forum provides knowledge and strategies for participants to succeed in their current positions as well as motivation and inspiration to take their career to the next level.
“We are very proud of the speakers we have lined up for this year’s Women’s Leadership Forum,” said Jennifer Muna, chairperson, IAEE Women’s Leadership Forum Task Force. “We’ve received very good feedback from the past two years about the subjects that women want to address and have created a very strong program in response.”
The IAEE Women’s Leadership Forum will be facilitated by Valorie Burton. She is a best-selling author, speaker, and life coach dedicated to helping people get unstuck and be unstoppable in every area of life. She is the founder of The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute and has served as a Certified Personal and Executive Coach to hundreds of clients in over 40 states and 10 countries.
Discussions will focus on what’s holding you back, how to be happier and live better, how to improve your confidence, and finding balance and meaning in life. Attendees will earn six professional development hours toward recertification of the CEM designation or other industry certifications, such as the CAE, CMP or CMM.
Guest speakers at the IAEE Women’s Leadership Forum include:
- Carina Bauer, CEO, IMEX Group
- Cathy Breden, CAE, CMP, executive vice president & COO, IAEE
- Karen M. Gonzales, CMP, senior vice president of membership & operations, Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI)
- Capricia Penavic Marshall, ambassador-in-residence, Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center at the Atlantic Council in Washington, D.C.
- Casandra Matej, executive director, San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Claire Shipman, contributor to ABC News and New York Times best-selling author
- Megan Tanel, CEM, vice president of exhibitions & events, Association of Equipment Manufacturers and 2015 IAEE chairperson
IAEE extends a special thank you to diamond sponsor Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau and emerald sponsor Synchronicities – a three city partnership between Anaheim, Baltimore and San Antonio – for their support of this year’s event.
Visit www.iaee.com/WLF to learn more and register for the 2015 IAEE Women’s Leadership Forum.