For 2010, the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) has added two new categories to its individual awards program, which recognizes and awards professionals in the exhibitions and events industry for their contributions.
“The first new award, IAEE Educator of the Year, recognizes individuals who work diligently sharing their knowledge in a creative and positive way,” said Karen Howe, CEM, 2010 IAEE Awards Committee chair. “Also new, the IAEE Committee/Task Force Volunteer of the Year Award honors individuals who dedicate their time and energy to accomplish the charge of their committee.”
Each year, industry professionals can be nominated for any of the awards as long as they meet the criteria outlined by IAEE, found at www.iaee.com/awards. Nominations must be submitted to IAEE by June 16.
“The many dedicated individuals in our industry deserve to be recognized by their peers for going above and beyond,” Howe said. “The joy of recognition by colleagues far outweighs the time it will take to complete the award nomination form. Please take a few minutes and think of someone who you believe should be acknowledged for his/her contribution. It is time our unsung heroes are no longer anonymous.”
These awards represent IAEE’s highest honors:
- The Pinnacle Award recognizes an IAEE member who, over the years, has furthered IAEE’s objectives of advancing exhibitions and events management through the promotion of education, the dissemination of knowledge and the introduction or development of innovative techniques, and who has been dedicated to the perpetuation of the highest ideals, trust and professionalism in this highly specialized field.
- The Distinguished Service Award is presented to IAEE members who have rendered distinguished service to IAEE and to the exhibitions and events industry as a whole.
- The Merit Award is presented to IAEE members whose ideas and/or work have benefited IAEE as an organization in some special way and is generally reserved for individuals who have stepped forward at the chapter/local level.
- The Educator of the Year Award recognizes an IAEE member who possesses outstanding creativity, a positive attitude and the ability to transfer knowledge through good communication skills and innovative teaching to promote life-long learning to exhibitions and events industry professionals. Educators include IAEE-education speakers, industry speakers, university professors and CEM faculty members.
- The IAEE Committee/Task Force Volunteer of the Year Award is presented to an individual who has dedicated his/her time to the progress and fulfillment of the charge of a committee or task force on which they serve.
- The Outstanding Achievement in Industry Leadership Award recognizes an individual(s) who has made an extraordinary personal or professional commitment that materially contributes to the advancement of the exhibitions and events industry, and demonstrates how voluntary leadership can enhance or change the industry.
- The Outstanding Achievement in Innovation in Business Solutions Award recognizes the achievement in the creation of new and innovative business solutions.
- The Outstanding Achievement in Marketing and Sales, Show Management Award recognizes outstanding achievement of show management in marketing and sales activities.
- The Outstanding Achievement in Marketing and Sales, Supplier Award recognizes outstanding achievement, including customer service, of suppliers to the exhibitions and events industry.
- The Rookie of the Year, Show Manager and Supplier Award recognizes two IAEE members with three or less years of full-time exhibitions and events industry experience, who demonstrate excellent professional performance.
The IAEE awards committee reviews nominations and discusses each candidate’s qualifications in depth prior to recommending its selections to the IAEE board of directors. The final selections, chosen by the board, are based on merit. Recipients must have a proven track record and have forged new ground in the chapter, IAEE and/or the industry. Honorees will be recognized at Expo! Expo!, IAEE’s Annual Meeting and Exhibition, set for Dec. 7-9 in New Orleans.
Additional information about the 2010 IAEE Individual Awards, including nomination forms for download, can be found at www.iaee.com/awards.