UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, announced the dates for the next UFI-EMD course in Bangalore, India.
Hosted by the Bangalore International Exhibition Center (BIEC), the UFI Exhibition Management Degree (UFI-EMD) program focuses on the MICE industry and will provide its attendants with the necessary know-how to successfully manage exhibitions, convention centers and conferences.
Participation will help exhibit managers to improve their competitive position and to upgrade their qualifications with sound strategic thinking and well-developed professional expertise.
“With increasing vibrancy in the economy of the country, the exhibition industry in India is growing rapidly. Many Indian exhibitions are now globally recognized and with the presence of all major global exhibition organizers in India, the industry is becoming one of the major service industries contributing to the country’s economy,” explained V. Anbu, CEO, BIEC.
Exhibition professionals who complete the 150-hour UFI-EMD curriculum will learn to meet the demands of today’s MICE activities. The program is composed of two face-to-face modules in Bangalore, India and two e-learning modules:
Module 1: 18-23 May 2015 (Bangalore International Exhibition Center, India)
Module 2: June-July 2015 (e-learning platform)
Module 3: July-August 2015 (e-learning platform)
Module 4: 10-15 August 2015 (Bangalore International Exhibition Center, India)
The advanced training curriculum is structured to build upon the specific demands of the exhibition industry.
Each UFI-EMD course covers:
- Business management;
- Marketing management;
- Project management;
- Special cross-section subjects;
- In-depth look at market research;
- Exhibition marketing with a special focus on crm, public relations, sponsoring and special event marketing; and
- Event logistics, especially stand building, service partner management, facility and information management.
UFI-EMD Target Group
For industry newcomers, the UFI-EMD program offers a comprehensive vision and detailed methodologies to drive their careers forward, while also providing a solid theoretical reference to exhibition industry professionals:
- Organizers of exhibitions and conventions;
- Associations & government institutions;
- Managers of exhibition and congress centers; and
- Senior & mid-level project managers responsible for the development and operation of exhibitions, conventions and events.
Online registration is open until April 17; UFI members can benefit from a reduced participation fee.