Back by popular demand, Online Knowledge Week from May 6-9 allows Internet users to view educational sessions and presentations from European Incentives Business Travel and Meetings (EIBTM), a global event dedicated to driving the industry forward.
EIBTM has selected video content of some of the best-attended sessions from last year’s show as well as the latest industry research, which will be available to all via the EIBTM website.
The international meetings industry will be able to benefit from access to a number of thought-provoking discussions, videos and presentations based around key themes of Trends & Research, Technology, Innovation & Meetings Design and Sustainability. They will also be able to take advantage of other key professional education sessions, all of which can be accessed at any time via www.eibtm.com/knowledgeweek.
About the key themes:
- Trends & Research: The audience will discover essential reports and articles from 2013-2014, focusing on trends and predictions in the meetings and events industry. These include the Trends Watch Report by Rob Davidson, EIBTM analyst and senior lecturer in events management at the University of Greenwich, London, who discusses developments in the principal world regions, markets and the latest international data to give an in-depth overview of business trends in the industry.
- Technology: Professionals will explore new industry technologies and read articles about the latest apps and gadgets. In one of the videos, Marcel Wassnik, CEO from Superevent, talks through the Superevent mobile app with Valeria Lushchikova, head of marketing at the Moscow Convention Bureau, explains the benefits of the application, which leads to the increase of the number of event attendees and improves the pre- and post-show communication with the participants.
- Innovation & Meetings Design: The audience will be inspired with cutting-edge content from the FRESH seminars, Innovation Knowledge sessions and articles from The Diary magazine. In one of the video sessions Maarten Vanneste, Host at FRESH and CEO at MSI, outlines how to change meeting formats at no cost.
- Sustainability: This topic will be explained, and it will be showcased how it can be practically implemented into events, venues and the industry supply chain. In the session, “The Importance of Managing Supply Chains,” Tom Smith, director of insight and planning, Sedex Global, highlights the challenges of gaining transparency and the business benefits to be realized by engaging with the supply chain.
- In addition, every day a theme will be discussed on EIBTM’s social media channels, and all participants are encouraged to comment and share their views on Twitter (@eibtmevent) using #EIBTM14, LinkedIn and Facebook.
EIBTM 2014 will take place from Nov. 18-20 in Barcelona, Spain.