GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 3,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We connect people through exhibitions and live events by blending art and science to create exciting, compelling face-to-face marketing experiences. Our mission is to create the world’s most meaningful and memorable experiences for marketers, organizers and event attendees. We bring the “WOW” to everything we do!
Our team is looking for an Assistant General Manager in the San Francisco area to join our growing team. Our ideal AGM has experience and passion in the exhibition/ hospitality space. This role has full P&L responsibility and is fully accountable for managing all the day to day and strategic aspects of a division with approximately $25M in revenue. The primary focus of the AGM role is to continue to grow the revenue and income within the division to achieve key client satisfaction along with other critical goals.
* Achieving assigned financial objectives, new business, profit margin, Line of Business (LOB) penetration and account retention.
* The Assistant General Manager is also accountable for all business and operational planning processes for the Operating Division as assigned by the GM or VP and has responsibility for working with the Division General Manager to develop strategic and operating plans for their region.
* Actively manage client relationships at a strategic level with Convention Centers, Convention and Visitors Bureaus, Show Management and Exhibitors to ensure client satisfaction, account retention and deeper service penetration within the division.
* Accountable for and actively participates in new business development activities including detailed show planning and execution (with Regional VP Sales, National Sales VP, Regional E&E Director of Sales, Director of Sales, etc.) by targeting new business and deeper LOB penetration. Activities include high-level prospect development, proposal and perform development and sales presentations.
* Analyzes operating cost trends within assigned operating division. Works with Director of Operations and Director of Account Management to identify opportunities to increase profits and/or improve service outcomes. Oversees implementation of innovative service outcomes and solutions that will increase both client satisfaction and operating margin.
* Builds Division capacity through identifying key staffing and competency needs within the organization and attracting and selecting high caliber talent to fill these needs thru proactively ensuring development and succession planning for employees within the operating division.
* Builds an organizational climate which promotes collaboration and commitment by providing learning and growth opportunities for employees while consistently raising performance expectations.
* Full implementation and monitoring of all GES core systems: ScOPE, Labor Tracking, Overhead Ownership, CORE.
* Overall ownership for achieving Division Risk Management targets and ensures full compliance
* Bachelor’s degree required. Higher level degree preferred with 10-12 years’ experience in roles of increased and progressive responsibility.
* 35% travel in the Bay Area.
* Solid P&L and operations experience with demonstrated success in managing cost well and improving bottom-line profitability in low margin environments while expanding revenue penetration with existing business and growing market share.
* Strong operations and General Management focus and a proven track record successfully managing profit growth through building customer relationships.
* All aspects of people management including Recruiting and developing a strong management team building bench strength within the organization.
* Successfully managing diversifying lines of business while managing in a highly complex environment with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally.
* Shows customers the strategic as well as economic value of outsourcing services.
* Participates with senior management in developing division and regional strategy.
* Strong leadership capacity with successful experience building an organization and strengthening that organization’s capacity to grow and adapt.
* Creates and environment where people are committed to the company and working as a team.
* A strong customer focus/client service orientation and the ability to interact with clients at several levels.
* Successful experience managing in multi-site and services environments and the ability over broad city geography.
* Experience with managing Labor Union Collective Bargaining Agreements.
* Participates in regional organizations such as TSCA. Willing to participate on the negotiating team during labor relation.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
* Competitive salaries
* 401K with company match
* Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
* Wellness benefits
* Career development program
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Employee assistance program
* Vacation time
* Community involvement opportunities
* Team activities
And much more……
To Apply to our Career Site: