The Center for Exhibition Industry Research has redesigned its CEIR Blog, now known as EVENT, to feature a more user-friendly layout and provide insights on the direction in which the exhibition industry is headed. EVENT’s guest bloggers will feature the industry’s thought leaders sharing their knowledge and experience about the future of exhibitions.
“CEIR developed EVENT using the same motivation that drives most of the information we provide,” said CEIR President and CEO Brian Casey, CEM. “We understand the high demand for accurate, current information about the state of the industry, however, we intend to also focus on these trends and their future impact on our industry. One thing for certain is the information can be used immediately by those planning their events. EVENT is yet another valuable source of information tailored by CEIR to fulfill this demand.”
Bob James will serve as Managing Editor of EVENT. He is a marketing professional with more than 30 years of experience in the event industry, including stints as an independent show producer and as a marketer with Fixation Marketing, Frost Miller Group, ITN International and Freeman.
“EVENT will be rich in expertise and knowledge sharing through the contributions of the exhibition industry’s top players,” James said. “The blog will cast a wide net across important topics of interest such as trends, research, management, design, technology, marketing and the general state of the events industry.”
The new blog launches with a post from Gary Shapiro, president & CEO of the Consumer Technology Association/CES, discussing the organization’s 50th anniversary. Other industry experts slated to contribute articles to EVENT include:
- Michael Barnett, CEO, InGo
- Aaron Bludworth, President & CEO, Fern
- Chris Brown, Executive Vice President, Conventions & Business Operations, National Association of Broadcasters
- Michelle Bruno, Freelance Business Journalist, and Publisher of Event Tech Brief
- Denise Capello, Head of Business Development, RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre
- Brian Casey, CEM, President & CEO, CEIR
- Dan Cole, Senior VP, Trade Shows and Exhibits, Hargrove
- Jim Curry, Deputy CEO, Association of Event Organizers (AEO)
- Stéphane Doutriaux, Founder & CEO, Poken (Geneva)
- Nancy Drapeau, Director of Research, CEIR
- Jessica Finnerty, Manager, Meetings and Events, Auto Care Association
- Caitlin Fox, Account Strategist, Marketing Design Group
- Rob Hamlin, Regional Sales Director, Events, Cvent.com
- Michael Hart, Michael Hart Consulting
- David Hofflich, President & CEO, Oscar & Associates, and former Hollywood executive producer
- Bob James, Managing Editor, EVENT
- Elizabeth Johnson, Director of Content Marketing, Frost Miller Group, and columnist for TSNN
- Jo-Anne Kelleway, CEO, Info Salons Group
- Sam Lippman, President, Lippman Connects
- Tony Lorenz, CEO, AlliedPRA
- J.B. Miller, President & CEO, Empire Entertainment
- David Nour, CEO, The Nour Group, Inc.
- Steve Parker, Vice President, Digitell, Inc.
- Silvia Pellegrini, CEO, Silvia Pellegrini Consultancy, and Publisher of Events Uncovered (London)
- Marc Pomerleau, VP, Global Strategy, FreemanXP
- Trish Richards, Freelance Business Journalist, and former Marcom Specialist, Freeman AV (Toronto)
- David Saef, EVP, GES MarketWorks
- Scott Schenker, General Manager, Worldwide Events, Microsoft
- Edward Segal, CAE, CEO, Edward Segal Communications, and former marketing strategies columnist for The Wall Street Journal
- Gary Slack, CEO, Slack & Company
- Donna Tschiffely, Executive Director, Conference Incorporated
- Eric Udler, CEM, President, All Show Services
Click here to go to the CEIR EVENT blog. Click here to read Shapiro’s article, What Keeps the Most Innovative Trade Show Ticking after 50 Years?, and stay tuned for future posts.
CEIR provides industry-leading research on the North American exhibitions and events industry globally which optimizes performance, increases engagement, and addresses emerging customer needs. For additional information, visit www.ceir.org.