Following a transformation of the event that took place as AIBTM in Florida June 9-13, IBTM America 2015 in Chicago will be the result of embracing a concept that is simple but dynamic.
IBTM America will remove the costs associated with exhibiting at a tradeshow by designing a unique turnkey solution in which an innovative pod design, completely integrated in an exhibitor meeting space, will give privacy to meetings between buyers and suppliers.
“We have created IBTM America to be a brand new tradeshow experience,” said Sallie Coventry, portfolio director, IBTM Global Events Portfolio. “It’s exclusive and private, similar to the two successful launches of the table-top, one-on-one mutual match event concept with both IBTM India and IBTM Africa.
“Whilst we are in the early stages of design, we have extended the creative concept from a table top to a private booth with branding space that ensures an intimate environment, and a turnkey solution, that gives both buyers and sellers a focused face-to-face meeting space.”
After consulting with the industry and members of the U.S. Advisory Board, who identified the need for tradeshows to prioritize the time given to meetings with premium buyers in the most effective way, the new event will now have a 1-1 ratio of buyers and suppliers. Exhibitors will pay one price for a modular booth design ready on arrival for them to start the business of meetings.
IBTM America will have 250 suppliers who will meet with 250 of the most prestigious planners in the global MICE industry. Both buyers and suppliers will be doing business inbound and outbound from the U.S.
Planners will be from the corporate, association, governmental and third party sectors. The exhibitors will be from all sectors of the MICE market and will be split 60 percent U.S. and 40 percent international.
New for the 2015 layout of IBTM America 2015:
- Show layout – all exhibitors will be provided with an identical booth.
- The 8- by 8-foot turnkey exhibit pod will be ready for the arrival of the exhibitor. There will be no more additional costs associated with set up or tear down, no freight or drayage giving a hassle-free way to exhibit.
- All exhibitors will be on a level playing field – each pod is the same, everything is included in the price.
- Exhibitors and buyers will take part in a mutual match system for their appointment diary. This means both parties choose who they wish to do business with; the first time exhibitors have been given this option.
- Hosted Buyers will be rigorously pre-qualified, personally invited and the most senior decision makers with guaranteed purchasing power.
- Each Hosted Buyer will have 30 pre-scheduled appointments giving exhibitors a similar schedule of meetings over the course of the event.
- Building further connections, the community of IBTM America will join together for bespoke networking events, and the inspirational IBTM professional Knowledge Forum.
“IBTM America will now give the U.S. meetings industry its own niche event that is focused on the business of meetings, no distractions, no time-wasting, and enabling both buyers and sellers to have their own community in one place for 2 days,” said Coventry.