The Meetings Show’s Advisory Board met at The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre to review the 2014 show, provide feedback and offer insight for 2015.
Organized by Centaur Exhibitions, The Meetings Show is a major event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, taking place July 7-9, 2015 at Olympia, London.
“Once again, we are grateful to the board for their time and input. This most recent meeting was a powerful endorsement of our success to date, and the board pointed out a number of areas where we could continue to develop the show, confirming its place as the UK’s market leader. Our board is deliberately made up from strong and successful individuals. Their advice is invaluable, their impact significant, and we look forward to delivering their most recent recommendations,” said Steve Knight, event director, The Meetings Show.
New members of the board for 2015 include Caroline MacKenzie, commercial director, Contendam; Kate Conway, events manager, Hyundai Motor UK; Louise Goalen, head of travel and venue finding, Ashfield Meeting & Events; Douglas O’Neil, managing director, Inntel Ltd; Carlotta Ferrari, president, Italia Convention Bureau; and Steen Møller, head of business events, VisitDenmark.
The Advisory Board, which includes a host of domestic and international industry leaders, including representatives from both the supply and demand side of the sector, exists to critique and challenge The Meetings Show’s organizing team, improving the event for all involved.
“We are an integral part of the show,” commented Christian Mutschlechner, director, Vienna Convention Bureau. “Our last meeting in February included a range of suggestions for the 2014 show. Not only did we see many of them delivered on site, but our meeting provided an opportunity to understand the ongoing success of The Meetings Show and its rapid rise to become the sector’s leading show in the UK.”
The makeup of The Meeting Show’s Advisory Board changes from time to time to reflect the developing needs of the show as well as the availability of its members who give their time voluntarily.
“It is a real privilege to join The Meetings Show’s Advisory Board. As the show continues to grow and respond to the needs of our market, it is vital leaders continue to offer their insight and support. It is rare such a high-profile group of individuals gather together for the sake of a single industry initiative, and I look forward to seeing the development of the ideas discussed yesterday,” stated Caroline MacKenzie, commercial director, Contendam.
The current Advisory Board includes:
- Paul Kennedy MBE, director and owner, Kennedy Integrated Solutions
- Sally Greenhill, managing director, The Right Solution
- Linda Pereira, executive director, CPL Events (Portugal)
- Christian Mutschlechner, director, Vienna Convention Bureau
- Ian Taylor, commercial director, Marketing Birmingham
- Tracy Halliwell, director of business tourism & major events, London and Partners
- Kerrin MacPhie, director of sales, ACC Liverpool
- Juliet Price, executive director, HBAA
- Caroline MacKenzie, commercial director, Contendam
- Kate Conway, events manager, Hyundai Motor UK
- Louise Goalen, head of travel & venue finding, Ashfield Meeting & Events
- Douglas O’Neil, managing director, Inntel Ltd
- Carlotta Ferrari, president, Italia Convention Bureau
- Steen Møller, head of business events, VisitDenmark