Hosted buyers will have booked more than 6,000 pre-scheduled appointments with 350 exhibitors by the time The Meetings Show UK, a new event for the United Kingdom inbound and outbound meetings industry, opens July 9-11 in Olympia, London.
“Many of the hosted buyers will be attending for two or three days rather than just one – giving them more time at the show and the opportunity to book more appointments and engage with more exhibitors,” said Steve Knight, event director, The Meetings Show UK.
A system that allows exhibitors to invite hosted buyers to more appointments is in full swing. Exhibitors can create business opportunities with destinations, venues and meetings industry suppliers from around the world.
“Many of the U.K. senior buyers have opted to attend as visitors giving themselves flexibility over their own travel and accommodation, resulting in a different breakdown to registrations than originally predicted,” added Knight.
Highlights of the show week include:
- More than 190 separate education sessions
- An Association Conference on July 8 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre
- Bespoke corporate, agency, pharmaceutical, healthcare and technology mini conferences
Industry focused keynotes
- The launch of the full U.K. Economic Impact Study
- A host of networking opportunities including “London Up Your Street”; Manchester Live; The Oysters Summer Party, Visit Scotland’s Summer Reception, Site GB Chapter Networking; and The Slovenian
Embassy CVB Dinner
- 255 exhibiting venues and hotels with 200 represented by venue and marketing consortia
- 32 domestic conference marketing organizations (destinations)
- 55 international destinations
- 68 exhibiting DMCs with 150 represented by DMC marketing organizations and representation companies
- 63 specialist meeting service providers/ suppliers